Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My first photo in manual and Happy St Patrick's Day




I have been taking the Candice Stringham beginning photography class on line. This week we learned about exposure. This is the very first picture I took in manual. (plus a couple more) My little meter was flashing right in the center after I played with the shutter speed for a minute. I think it is a bit overexposed but I like how crisp and clear she is against the background. I might be on the right track. I am taking Candice's class to get my feet wet because I did not want to look like a total idiot when I begin my digital photography class at UTA next month. At least, I will be familiar with some of the concepts when I walk in.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Her class is great. Looking forward to seeing more of your pictures!

Anonymous said...

I think that's awesome that you're taking her class. I've thought about it again and agin. The timing (my side) is never quite right. So, maybe at a future point. She is an amazing photographer!

Have a blast. Oh, and I bet you'll be surprised how easy it is to shoot completely Manual once you get going. You'll never want to go back! (Okay, maybe back to AV, but never back all the way, heh-heh!)

Cheryl Wray said...

I love to take photos, and I bet you will have a great time in the class!