1. I've only scrapped one page since Nov 1. Seriously. I was a little burned out and wanted to take a break. However, I haven't stopped taking pictures, so I need to catch back up.
2. I went through every drawer and box and piece of paper in my scrap room and filled up two big boxes full of stuff that I was just not in love with. That is what happens when you are on DT. Loved being on it. Loved it, I swear. However, I occasionally got stuff (for free) that I just really did not like. Gave it to this place. The birth mothers make scrapbooks for their babies. I wanted them to have fun stuff to use since I am so proud of them for making the decision to give their babies better lives, for choosing life.
3. I've signed up for a new photography class at UTA. This one is called "on location." I'm pretty excited. It is about finding outdoor locations and how to get the best shots using natural light. It meets on the 4 Tuesdays in February during the DAY from 12-2. I've cleared it with my boss and everything. I just have to use 1.5 vacation days for the time I leave early each week.
4. I bought one of these. It is just perfect for the tripod pictures where I don't want to have any camera shake at all or when I am trying to get a child to look at me. I can make great faces and still press the shutter.
5. The hot flashes are not fun. They keep me from sleeping well. too. I am also told that I am not so fun, either. I've been accused of biting a certain someone's head off a few too many times. I guess I need to look into remedies.
6. I need to start walking again, too. The pounds are starting to creep back on. Is that from menopause, too? I got lazy this fall and just didn't start back up again. Shame on me.
7. Why are all the robes in stores either thick and plush (which makes them hot) or short and slinky? I want a plain cotton wrapper that is at least mid calf length. The one I have is getting a bit worn out.
8. I'm starting to think about retirement a lot lately. I'm not ready financially but certainly ready, otherwise. I like my job but like the idea of not working, too.
9. I'm really excited about all the engagements that are happening in my family. Right now, I've got a niece and two nephews planning weddings.I'm betting the next few years will be busy with weddings as more and more of them get older.
10. I've seen several people post their top 12 pictures from last year on their blogs. I want to do that, too. I just need to find the time to go back through the 5 million pictures I took last year.
11. I've got a day planned with my girls for Feb 12. I am so excited. We haven't done anything, just the three of us, in quite a while.
Sunday, January 9, 2011
Forever lyrics If every word I said Could make you laugh I’d talk forever (together my love) I ask the sky just what we had Mmm it shone forever (together my love my my my my my my my my my my my my my) If the song I sing to you Could fill your heart with joy I’d sing forever (together my love my my my my) Forever Forever I’ve been so happy loving you Do do do do do do do do do together my love Let the love I have for you Live in your heart And beat forever (together my love) Forever Forever I’ve been so happy loving you Baby just let me sing it my baby I wanna be singin’ my baby Baby baby baby my baby I wanna be singin’ I wanna be singin’ my baby Oh oh oh oh My my my my my my So I’m goin’ away Mmm but not forever Na na na na I gotta love you anyway Forever
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
However, I am going to attempt a photography project for this year. Actually, I am going to do two. First, I am going to follow along with MCP actions and do their Project 52- one photo a week. I really like the idea of having a weekly theme and I especially like the idea of someone choosing those themes for me. Takes much of the pressure off of me. This week's theme is "around the house." I've already taken the picture. I just need to edit it and then I'll post. The second project is going to be called Me on Monday. I want to take self portraits of my self and I will take one every Monday. I may not post on Monday but will take the pictures on Mondays. I think it will be fun to take a look at them at the end of 52 weeks.