Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Heart Full of Love


I did this page for a design team tryout at a new site called Memorable Seasons. I like her logo which says “capturing the seasons of life.” Isn’t that so appropriate for the diverse group of people who scrapbook? There are those who are single, those with no children, those who have small children, and those of us whose children are grown. These pictures of Karen were taken a couple of weeks ago at the Botanic Gardens. We were inside the butterfly exhibit where there were lots of shadows and spots of sunshine peeking through the trees and shrubs. I reduced the color saturation on these photos until they were almost black and white to reduce the contrast of those shadows on her face and I used purple. It is Karen’s favorite color but I don’t often use purple on my layouts. It is a funny color. I think it is really pretty but too much of it is overwhelming. I think it is balanced with that soft green. What color is hard for you to scrap? Is there a certain color that you use often? I find myself using green or blue quite a bit.

I had 11 people comment on my blog yesterday. I numbered them in order by the time they posted and used the random number generator to pick winners. They are #7 Ida,
#9 Whippet (Jan) and #2 So Many Scraps.

Please email me your address to dettaowens@texasearch.com. Keep visiting every day this week. You can win more than once.

9 comments:

Ida said...

I love the colors! The heart border is cool as well.

Ida

Laura said...

Congratulations to yesterday's winners. A very pretty layout today Detta. I love Memorable Seasons home page. Have you ever purchased anything from them? Curious about the cs. I tend to use blues, greens, and pinks when I scrap. Don't really think there is any color that I have difficulty using.

Corey W. said...

that layout is stunning! love the colors you used and all the eye candy! good luck!

Anonymous said...

I'm new to the memorable seasons board, but I love it...and I followed you over here for your blog party :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Detta. I'll send you my address. Good luck on the design team tryout. That's a pretty layout with good photos:-)

luvzenkm2 (Leea) said...

Good luck with the DT.....I like how you "adjusted" the pictures!

Martha said...

Another GORGEOUS layout, Detta!!! I want a bunch of new supplies...but I'm going to do my best to "scraplift" you with what I've got here.

Oh, Archiver's coupons arrived in the mail...so maybe I'll get something for myself. ;)

So Many Scraps said...

wonderful layout! and how cool that I won yesterdays drawing!!

Christina Carnoy said...

that layout is gorgeous!!!