Monday, March 31, 2008

A Clean Bathroom


In keeping with yesterday's post about my empty nest, I give you my layout about a clean bathroom. This small little room gave me the most angst while the girls were teenagers. It never seemed to bother them when their friends came over and saw their dirty clothes all over the floor and counters and their bras hanging on doorknobs. It bothered me, though, because I never knew when someone like my mother would drop by and want to use that room. The funny thing is that I am not a clean freak. A little clutter does not bother me. When the kids were little, I wasn't worried about toys in the living room or unfolded laundry. I preferred to play with them as much as I could. How about you? Are you a fastidious housekeeper or laid back and casual about it?

Don't forget about my blog party. Everyone who leaves a comment today will be eligible for tomorrow's drawing. Everyone who post before midnight tonight will be eligible to win in tomorrow's drawing. Don't forget to check back in case you win!

9 comments:

So Many Scraps said...

What great layouts and wonderful posts! Happy blog birthday! mine is coming up soon for 2 years and I will be doing the same thing!

Mel Place said...

i am a neat FREAK when it come to my kitchen and bathroom!we have 2 and the front room is my kids and i hate to even go in there but i have too just to make them clean it up..great blog today

Erica Hettwer said...

I'm more of a laid back and casual cleaner. Little man's toys are picked up at least once a day and that's good enough for me. :D

Laura said...

I am very laid back and casual about my housekeeping- a trait my DH doesn't care for. LOL!!

Ida said...

Detta,
Just a note to tell you what a lucky girl you were to have such a wonderful daddy. I to have lost my daddy and miss him terribly. Are you sure we didn't share a daddy? Mine was a lot like yours!! Even the cowboy hat!!

Happy Blog Birthday!

p.s. Cleaning?! Who has time, what with all the scrapbooking to be done!! Actually, I have 2 teens at home and 2 mothers in my house (besides me) and we do a pretty decent job, not perfect and none of us are neat freaks, but it is very livable!

Anonymous said...

Happy Blog Birthday! Having grandchildren in our home was a little bit of a rethink on cleaning. Much more fun to play than clean. But I do love a clean bathroom and kitchen.
Kathy T in SW IN

Anonymous said...

Today is my sister's birthday, so I remembered about your blog party. Love your latest layout...my bathroom looks like teenagers live here, but alas -- it's all my own doing:-)

Nicole said...

Love your layout... the paper and the flowers are perfect. I wish my bathrooms were that clean.

Martha said...

I totally LOVE this layout....and that it's about your bathroom!!! I think I could practically impose any other pic over that one...and it would look AWESOME!

Can I "scraplift"? I'll totally acknowlege that you were my inspiration! ;)