Monday, April 30, 2007

counting my blessings today

Today is an especially blessed day for me. My brother, Lex and my nephew, Trey walked away from a horrible rollover car accident on the freeway with only cuts and bruises yesterday. They had just left my mother's house after our monthly lunch and we left shortly after them. When we saw the stopped traffic and the flashing lights on the freeway and my sister and sister in law fly by us on the road, it scared me to death. I am so glad that my siblings and I are close and that we tell eachother "I love you" on a regular basis. I didn't get to say that to my sister in law often enough before the accident that killed her two years ago and it haunts me. I got to hug my brother yesterday evening and I am so thankful for that. Hug your extended family and tell them how much they mean to you as often as you can.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Detta, how scary! I'm so glad this turned out well and that everyone is all right. Your point is well taken, too. Take care and HUGS!

Kimmie said...

SS to hear that your family was in an accident. {{{HUGS}}}}}

Theresa Tyree said...

Yikes!! There definitely were angels protecting your brother and nephew!!