Friday, June 1, 2007



I realized today that I have more pictures of Allison on my blog than I do of my equally beautiful daughter, Karen. Today I will rectify that. This layout is one I used in my HOF entry in the inventive technique category. The flourishes you see are not drawn or stamped. They were created using a supply that is not found in the scrapbooking aisle at the craft store. They are Plaid Glass Gallery leading lines. They are flexible and self adhesive. I had some at home that I bought to make Christmas ornaments a couple of years ago but they can also be used to decorate glass vases or mirrors or candle holders. ( I have lots of unfinished craft projects. LOL) You peel these lines off the page and stick them to your surface to form shapes. They also have flowers and leaves and circles you can buy. You fill in the shapes with the colored liquid that dries to look like stained glass. I simply used the lines to form my flourishes and then added some leaves and flowers. On a scrapbook page, you could fill the shapes with glitter or small beads, too.

3 comments:

Kimmie said...

ok that is way way cool!!!!! thanks for sharing a beautiful page!!!!

Theresa Tyree said...

Wow Detta! What a stunning page! Those lead strips make great embellishments. I'm inspired to try that! How'd you ever think to do that? You are so creative!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Kimmie and Theresa...so cool and stunning! I'm gonna have to try this (they'd make great masks for paint, too, I'm thinking)! Awesome idea! Also, both of your daughter are, indeed, beautiful...good genes!