Monday, June 2, 2008

A great new quote

Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is the noble art of leaving things undone. The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of non-essentials.

— Lin Yutang


Isn't this so true? Some days you just have to kick back and enjoy just being alive. The house can be cleaned another day. The errands can wait. Little babies don't stay little long enough and relationships don't stay strong if they are not nurtured. Take some time for yourself, too. You are worth it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of something that Natalie Goldberg says when she guides others in their writing. Sometimes, for example, focus on what you don't remember...rather than always on what you do. Or, the counter to the positive: I am grateful because/I'm ungrateful because..., I'm always amazed by/never amazed by..., etc.

It's good to shake up our internal filters now and then.

Christina Carnoy said...

there is tons of wisdom in that quote! you always find good ones!

Jana said...

Great quote... It totally reminds me that I am human and the relationships in my life are more important than the laundry and dishes...