Sunday, June 1, 2008

Happy Sunday

So far my weekend has been busy. I got all my pictures uploaded to Flickr for my project 365. I got about 3 weeks behind and I will try not to do that again. I scrapped a couple of pages yesterday that I won't share cause I am going to send them to this call at Simple Scrapbooks. I really like that Simple plan sketch and did both of my pages using it. You should try, too. You have until June 8 for this one.

I went to a graduation party yesterday for the son of an old friend. Susan and I were best friends from the fifth grade through Jr High and remained close through high school and beyond. She was the maid of honor at my wedding and I was in her hers, too. She was there when Karen and Allison was born. I was there when she adopted Daniel and when a little girl was born the next year and another little girl the next. Whew! What a time that was. Then, as often happens, life happened and we grew apart. We have stayed in contact, sometimes running into each other at kid functions but I had not seen her in 3 or 4 years. It was so great seeing her. We stood there and talked until all of the other guests had left. I realized how much I have missed having a girlfriend to talk to. I resolve to cultivate relationships with those outside of my family more. I feel bad for not being a good friend. I have been blessed with so much and I need to share my happiness and spread it around some more.

As promised, here is a picture of the RAKs I will be giving away on Friday, June 6. Just leave me a comment on any post and I will add you to the list.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I can't imagine doing the 365 photo a day. I give you credit cuz I'm sure that was challenging but your end result will definitely be something you'll cherish.

Good luck with the magazine call! Hope your week gets off to a great start.

Jodi said...

good luck with your submissions Detta.

Ida said...

Wow! you had a busy weekend! Good luck on the page calls. Your work is always great!

Ida

Christina Carnoy said...

those raks look super cute!!!