Saturday, December 6, 2008

College girl moves on

Allison called yesterday to tell me she had just listened to her last lecture. She has finals next week and then she is done. She begins student teaching in January and will graduate in May. What an exciting time for her. What an exciting time for me! I can see the end of the tunnel. It will be like getting a $10,ooo a year raise. LOL

It's been a busy week. I went to a benefit breakfast for the March of Dimes on Wednesday. I got to hear Nolan Ryan speak and I got to cry real tears listening to the story of Karen and Jack Ryne and their little boy, Brett. What miracles modern medicine has brought this family but they've suffered some real heartaches, too. Their little boy is now 3 years old and was so darned cute walking around on the stage sucking on a lollypop and looking out at the crowd.

I need to work on my Dec Daily today. I will post some more pages later this weekend.

No comments: