Saturday, September 8, 2007

Bare Feet


I have always loved being barefoot. When we were children, my brothers and sisters and I ran around our neighborhood all summer long without shoes. We learned which yards had stickers and avoided them. If the only alternative was to cross hot pavement, we carefully made our way through those yards and then pulled the stickers out when we made it across. There were many nights that my mom had to pull small splinters from our feet with needles and tweezers after we had washed the black dirt from them so she could even see where that little thing was. I still prefer bare feet. I have learned that most people probably would frown on my bare feet in public places but I never wear shoes around the house. Even in the winter, I am sans shoes. If it is really cold, I might put an afghan over my feet while I lay on the couch. Who invented shoes, anyway? I have learned that I am not alone in this preference. I found this guy. From him, I learned that there is a Society for Barefoot Living.

What is your preference, shoes or no shoes?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny! I am a tender foot...socks in the house, shoes outside. But, I think that it is cool that you are a barefoot gal!