Tuesday, December 25, 2007

We have an announcement

Karen got engaged today. I'm going to be a mother in law. Joe gave her a jewelry box for Christmas and put the ring inside so she found it when she opened the drawer. He then got down on one knee and proposed. She called me crying to tell me about it. We are thrilled. He is a really nice guy. He loves her and he loves Seth. She has been so happy since they've been together and this will be great. No date has been set but it looks like my next year will be spent planning a wedding. Any cost cutting measures or hints will be greatly appreciated!

5 comments:

joscelyne cutchens said...

Congratulations! My dh and I went to the courthouse. we got married for $75! It's about the marriage, not the wedding. that was our experience anyway. Good Luck with the planning!!

Kimmie said...

Congrats Detta. lots of ways to cut costs....you just have to set a budget!

Samantha said...

Congrats!! Like Joscie, my wedding was very minimal and cost only around $400. To cut costs, I made my own invitations (imagine that!). Good luck :)

Miffy said...

Congratulations!!! Absolutely thrilled for all of you!Glad you all had a good Christmas. :D

Diane said...

Awwwww!!! That is so sweet the way he did it!!! Congrats!!!