Wednesday, October 10, 2007



Last week, Seth spied the new Disney Year book sitting on the kitchen table. He asked if it was a new book for him and I said “sure.” He immediately sat down in the floor and starting turning pages. The camera was near by, so I grabbed it and took a few pictures. There were lots of pictures of animals like a daddy frog and a bug who were carrying their babies on their backs and pictures of penguins and lizards and wolves. There were animals with ugly features. He kept asking “what’s this?” and “why?” He got excited when he saw pictures of Mickey Mouse and Bambi and Goofy and the Little Mermaid. We read about Chicken Little, too. When Grandpa got home, Seth showed him the pictures and told him all about the daddies who take care of their babies and the ugly monkey. It is very fun watching him repeat the stories I read to him like he is “reading” it back. He loves to be read to. I hope when he learns to read, his love of books continues.

2 comments:

Cheryl Wray said...

I just love to see kids get into books! We all love toread in our family, so it just makes me happy!!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. I think it's so cool (like Cheryl) when kids love books...such a great hobby and so important for so many things!