Sunday, October 21, 2007

Parent's weekend at UT






I just got home from Austin and visiting with Allison. She and Jessica have really made their little apartment very cute with all of their assorted cast offs from everywhere. Allison says that her favorite new store in the whole world is now Goodwill. Cool stuff for so cheap! It was parent's weekend at UT. Since this is her third year there, we skipped most of the formal "getting to know your child's school" activities except for the presentation made by the College of Natural Sciences. She wanted to hear the dean speak and we got free breakfast. Allison then gave me her own tour of campus. She showed me the room she had her very first college class in. She showed me the giant lecture hall with three video screens that she has had several classes in. She showed me cool buildings with unique architecture. She showed me several good vantage points to take pictures of the tower from. She showed me a study lounge with comfy chairs that people fall asleep in all the time. She ttok me to play in the "noodle sculpture" outside the Blanton art museum. Finally, she showed me the turtle pond and how much fun it is to feed them. She was just like a little kid playing with them. We capped off the day by standing in line to take pictures with Bevo. For those of you not familiar with college mascots, Bevo is the official mascot for the University of Texas Longhorns. My little girl is just so grown up. Loved hanging out with her.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Looks like you had a really fun time! I remember showing my folks around the college campus. I was so proud!! Hope you're having a nice Sunday.

Theresa Tyree said...

Hook 'em horns!! I'm so homesick!!