Monday, October 22, 2007

Thankful

My cyber-friend Samantha has tagged me for 7 random facts and Theresa wants to know what I am thankful for. I've done the random fact thing a couple of times and I love that Samantha tagged me cause it makes me feel loved but I am going to give thanks today. You may learn something from these, though.

  • I am thankful for a husband who just smiles when I mention making a side trip to visit Archivers on my way home from Austin.
  • I am also thankful for a husband who thinks I'm beautiful.
  • I am thankful for children who are thankful that I raised them to be independent.
  • I am thankful for quiet in my house for a couple of hours each day so I can do what I want.
  • I am thankful for the relationship I have with my grandson and that I get to spend two evenings a week with him. It is just enough.
  • I am thankful that I have a laid back, forgiving attitude toward life and am not easily upset by change.
  • I am thankful for six wonderful brothers and sisters and the wonderful people they married and all those awesome kids they brought into the world for me to love.
I also got a great thank you note from the female faction of those kids who stayed with us a couple of weekends ago. All five of them signed it and wrote individual notes inside. Great kids. I did not expect anything from them at all. They made my weekend great. No note from the boys, though. Do boys write thank you notes? LOL

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I loved reading about everything you're thankful for!! I think we all should take pause every now and then to examine what's really important in our lives. It sounds like you have a wonderful family!! Hug them often :)

Cheryl Wray said...

Those are so great!!! Wow--six brothers and sisters. I think it wold be so cool to be in a big family like that!