Sunday, February 3, 2008

Desperate times


All week long, I've been squeezing my makeup tube and telling myself to stop at the drugstore and buy more. Have I done it? No. I've just kept squeezing and hoping to get just a little more out of it. This morning, however, no matter how hard I squeezed, nothing came out. I was getting ready for church. I was not going to church without make up. No way. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I cut that tube in half with a pair of scissors. You won't believe how much make up is lining the inside of those two halves! I bet I could go another whole week without paying $12 for a new tube. Sometime today, I have to go by the drugstore cause I forgot to stop on my way home from church, too....

6 comments:

Debbie said...

I would definitely do something like that! I can't do that anymore though since I use bareMinerals! lol

Amy Birch said...

Hee hee hee...that's great!!! And why not, it's so expensive!!!

Christina Carnoy said...

lol! way to be frugal!

Samantha said...

LOL! I've done this with the toothpaste tube. There's a whole lot of paste in there when you cut it open!!

Anonymous said...

Been there, done that... You are not alone!!

I tagged you... see my blog for directions.

Theresa Tyree said...

I've lost count of how many times I've done that! I've done it to make-up, bath and body works lotions, toothpaste, virtually anything in a tube! Hey, I gotta squeeze where I can so I can have more money for scrapbookin stuff!