Friday, August 8, 2008

Friday's colors are pink and purple


Show me something purple or pink. I know pink is really a shade of red but sometimes I can't decide if something is pink or a shade of purple. You have until Saturday at 3 to post your purple or pink photos. I have really enjoyed this week. I hope you have, too.


Purple combines the stability of blue and the energy of red. Purple is associated with royalty. It symbolizes power, nobility, luxury, and ambition. It conveys wealth and extravagance. Purple is associated with wisdom, dignity, independence, creativity, mystery, and magic.

According to surveys, almost 75 percent of pre-adolescent children prefer purple to all other colors. Purple is a very rare color in nature; some people consider it to be artificial.

Light purple is a good choice for a feminine design. You can use bright purple when promoting children's products.

Light purple evokes romantic and nostalgic feelings.
Dark purple evokes gloom and sad feelings. It can cause frustration.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

I got the pink and purple posted on my blog, I forgot to let you know about yesterdays though, oh well! Thanks for doing this, it has been a blast! :)
www.melonscraps.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

Here's my pink! I might be too late but wanted to post this anyway.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i197/debmac52/DSC_0095.jpg