Tuesday, August 19, 2008

These girls


These girls are my nieces and my youngest little girl. They are 4 of the 5 girls born within a year of Allison. There are a couple about a year older and a couple about a year younger. There was a boy (Cole) born in there, too but he doesn't giggle near as much as they do. From left to right, they are Rachell, Allison, Lauren, Ashley. Camryn is not here on this day.
I remember the days when these girls were babies and toddlers. I remember the family gatherings when they would all beg to go home together afterwards. There were lots of weekends that I would either have no children or a house full of cousins. Those were fun days. I am so glad that my brothers' and sisters' kids have all grown up so close. They still keep up with each other although they are all at different colleges. Isn't technology wonderful? When I was in my 20s, it would have cost way too much money to chat with my cousins long distance on the telephone.
It is funny how the cousin thing worked out in 0ur family. Every single one of our kids has at least one cousin who is the same age except Mary's 3 year old twins. Of course, they have each other. Karen has Stephanie. Some of them have several like Allison does. In addition to those twin girls, our kids range in age from 14 to 26 for a total of 17 kids amongst us. We have a police office, a personal trainer who already owns his own gym, a real estate agent, a graduate student working on becoming a college history professor, an accounting manager, 5 college students and 5 high school students. I couldn't be prouder of all of them if they were my own kids.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How absolutely sweet...both your post and your page. I LOVE those scallops along the bottom!

Unknown said...

Oooo, love this LO! The photo is fantastic! so fun. Love the circus picts, too. OH, and your DD's face - priceless!