Sunday, October 5, 2008

Wow, what a week




Last weekend, I attended a crop benefitting the Susan G Komen foundation and endorsed by Scrapbooks, Etc called Scrap Pink. It was fun. I got a lot of layouts done and I laughed and giggled all through both days. The organizers took lots of pictures that they plan to submit to the magazine.
I left on Sunday to spend the week working in Austin. Because our Houston team, who usually takes care of the Austin stores, were still busy putting our heavily Ike damaged Houston stores back in order, we were asked to travel. All in all, it was a productive trip and we managed to get done in 4 days thanks to the great team work the Austin vendor community gave me and my team. I also got to see college girl since that is where she is going to school. I met her new boyfriend, Ryan, who is very cute and very tall. I also met Oliver the mouse. I politely declined to hold him, though. :)

Yesterday, Karen had her bridal portraits done at the Dallas Arboretum which is a gorgeous place. I can hardly wait to see the shots. I chose to not even bring my camera and let the photographer do her magic. However, having been appointed the pack mule, I managed to lose her make up bag somewhere in the park. Thankfully, I got a call this morning that it had been turned in and I will go get it sometime this week.

Last night was the infamous bachelorette party. My girls got a kick out of their mommy going out to party with them. It was held at a sing-a-long piano bar which was a pretty fun place. My sister says she got some fun pictures of me. I will have to withhold judgment on those until I see them!

I think I'm going to need a week off to recover BUT we are now in full wedding mode with the ceremony in less than two weeks. Can you believe it is almost here? I can hardly wait for it to be over.

I also got my first design team kit from Memorable Seasons. Check out the cool calendar themed October/November kit put together by fellow DT, Chrissy Amport. See it here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photo -- so happy for you and your family (and your daughter, of course)!

Allison said...

Love those LO's! Sounds like a fun time at the bachelorette party. :)

Debbie said...

Oh Boy! could you be any busier, gf! I love the picture and the great layouts!