Saturday, July 14, 2007

Behind this door


Today is an exciting day. I got to play in my scrap room and create something that was not intended for a challenge or a contest or a special project. I've been admiring the 6x12 pages I'm seeing people do. I've seen them done by my friends Renee and Kimmie. Then, today, I saw that the new HOFer, Mitchell Kraft is a fan of that size, too. Originally, I wrote the journaling for this page when I was going to do a layout based on the new Brooks and Dunn song, I'm proud of the house we built. I loved what it has to say about being a family and being in love. I went out and took pictures of my house and just did not like them. Then I looked at my front door and thought, " I should change the journaling to say "behind this door" instead of "in this house." This is my creation. Click on it to enlarge and read the journaling.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh love it. Might try to scraplift that one!

buzzcut said...

Fabulous page, Detta! I rarely take photos without people in it; this might be the place to start.
How do you do the 6X12 thing in a 12X12 album?
Can't wait for my chipboard to get here; thanks aga!in

Anonymous said...

Ooo--totally dig your page! I love that size, too (haven't tried it out myself, but find it so catching)! I'm so glad you got to do a little art just for you!

Cheryl Wray said...

This is just SO pretty!! i haven't tried this size yet, but I keep seeig it everywhere!!