Thursday, July 26, 2007

This is the story

I've received several very nice comments on the photo I used on my "I wanna talk about me" layout. Thank you all. I took that picture myself using the self timer on my camera. There is more to the story, though. I was working out of town last October for about a month. I came home on weekends but I was there Sunday night until Friday afternoon every week. After going to dinner with my co- workers, I would just hibernate in my room. One night I came in and looked in the mirror and thought to myself, "Gosh, I'm having a good hair day. I need to get a picture of this" LOL I considered taking pictures of myself in the mirror but the bathroom was just too small. I considered going out in the hall to see if anyone was out there to help me but discarded that idea quickly. I really didn't want my co-workers to think I was crazy. After all, I am the boss. Sanity is a good thing in employers. I spied the nice white wall beside my bed and proceeded to have a photo shoot. I put the camera on the bed and sat in the floor and knelt in the floor and leaned sideways and looked over my shoulder and just had myself a good old time. I actually got some pretty darn good shots. This was one of my faves. I got that timer thing going pretty good. On my birthday, the next month, I had a photo shoot in my front yard using the tripod and I posed in front of the long brick wall beside my garage. No telling what my neighbors thought but they don't work for me. ha ha. I am now a big self photo shooter. Love the timer.

3 comments:

buzzcut said...

You make me laugh SO hard, Detta!
I still do the "hold the camera out in front of me" to get a self shot. I really should try using my self timer. I often scrap events in my family's life and don't get a pic of me, unless my mom takes it or my dh offers (rarely). My buddy, Heather, keeps bugging me to do a "me" book, but I haven't yet. Want to get caught up on the family pics first, if that's possible. Keep on doing your thing; love your layouts and what you write! Have a SUPER weekend, everyone!
P.S. Waiting anxiously for my chipboard letters I won; maybe Monday...

Anonymous said...

Cool! Plus, I love the sanity comment (it is a good idea to keep up appearances, heh-heh)!

Theresa Tyree said...

I am so camera illiterate. I still haven't figured out the self timer on my camera! Neither has my husband, so it must be a tricky one!